Specialized Instructor – Sport – Town of Oakville
Part-Time (Non-Union T)
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants.
This posting is for current and future opportunities and will be filled on an as needed basis. Applications will be considered for any openings that become available between now and June 30, 2018.
This is a part-time position working evenings and some weekends for approximately 1-3 hours per week.
As a Specialized Instructor – Sport, you will be conducting comprehensive programs for volleyball, football, soccer, tennis, hockey, floor hockey, badminton, archery or basketball to meet the needs of all registered adult and youth and/or child participants. You will also be expected to act as a knowledgeable resource to participants and their families and ensure that instruction is conducted in a safe environment that encourages participation and personal development.
You will also be required to:
- Arrive at your program site in time to properly prepare, set up and start the program according to schedule.
- Follow a lesson plan and provide ongoing evaluation of an individual’s progression
- Follow the class format and content as required
- Ensure on-site safety of participants
- Deliver exceptional customer service (including welcoming, conduct and communication) to all participants
- Conduct Program Administration (attendance tracking, registration update, incident reports as required)
- Work cooperatively with other instructors and youth volunteers
- Notify the Recreation Coordinator/Fitness of any problems and/or recommendations regarding participants, courts or facilities, which may affect the program
- Attend staff meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR
- HIGH FIVE PHCD certification
- Proven experience with children, youth and adults
- Coaching Certification and/or rep playing experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability in volleyball, soccer, tennis, hockey, floor hockey, badminton, archery or basketball required
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Access to reliable transportation
- Successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, with vulnerable sector screening, dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment
Applications for this position must be received no later than midnight on June 30, 2018.