Coordinator, Hockey Engagement – Oilers Entertainment Group
Reporting directly to the Manager, Hockey Engagement and Player Family Relations, the Coordinator, Hockey Engagement is responsible for growing and developing the department’s youth hockey programs.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports all aspects of the planning and execution of youth hockey programs, including marketing, registration, apparel, instructors, post-event surveys, etc.
- Executes Oilers 50/50 game nights in support of minor hockey associations
- Oversees all fan mail and donation requests in support of minor hockey
- Oversees the execution of community focused NHL mandated programs such as Learn to Play, Zebra’s Care and Future Goals
- Provides administrative support to the department (i.e.: ordering merchandise, tracking invoices, managing program specific email accounts, purchasing supplies, etc.)
- Assists the Manager, Hockey Engagement and Player Family Relations with initiatives and programs
- Assists with the coordination of player appearances including school visits, autograph sessions, league initiatives, etc.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Hockey Engagement and Player Family Relations assists the Alumni Relations department with the planning of Oilers Alumni programs including tickets and events
- Fosters and maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Hockey Operations, Hockey Canada, Hockey Alberta, Minor Hockey, etc.
- Assists in the development of all other Hockey Programming initiatives including creation, planning, execution and evaluation, as required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in related field (Marketing, Business Administration, Events, or Sports Management) is required
- 1-3 years of experience in Marketing, Business Administration, Events, and/or Sports Management is required
- Experience with event management, community development and partnerships is an asset
- Previous experience in a hockey environment; coaching or involvement in another capacity is considered an asset
- Ability to build relationships, and deliver excellence in client service
- Work and contribute in a fast-paced team environment with tight timelines
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite as well as database management
- A strong understanding and familiarity of the game of hockey with a passion for a career in the sports and entertainment industry
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others
- Ability to work long and unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
Only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.