Communications Internship – Rowing Canada
Victoria is home to Rowing Canada Aviron, the national governing body for the sport of Rowing in Canada.
The purpose of this internship is to give the successful candidate a practical learning opportunity where they can gain experience in the field of sport administration and communications while providing organizational support in the areas of data collection and collation.
The Communications Intern is responsible for providing administrative support to Rowing Canada Aviron and report to the Communications Manager and Director of Partnerships and Sport Development.
The key objectives of this position are to:
- Provide operational support for communications and other administrative areas;
- Help the student gain confidence in how to manage themselves in a professional NSF environment; networking, etc.
Specific Duties include;
- Provide assistance developing and distributing content for RCA digital platforms – including social media, email distribution, & website
- Provide assistance updating and creating communications materials and resources
- Provide assistance organizing distribution lists
- Provide administrative assistance for website redesign
- Provide assistance promoting RCA programs and initiatives through various digital platforms
- Provide assistance designing and populating content for monthly e-newsletter
- Various other duties as required.
- Previous sport administration and communications experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer and database skills (ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Survey Monkey)
- Proven website and social media experience
- Strong research and analysis capability
- Experience in developing surveys an asset
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism is a considerable asset
- Background and knowledge in the sport of rowing is an asset
Please submit your resume to Colleen Coderre (email@example.com) with the subject line RCA Communications Intern by February 23, 2018.